If I set setRenderBodyOnly(true) it doesn't work either, and then it shouldn't complain anymore. (wicket is the one complaining, not the applet btw)

On 10 Jun, at 09:53, Dorothée Giernoth wrote:

b/c you can't put a tag into a tag ... as it says: it is a value and it needs a value, not a tag ... xml doesn't work that way

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bas Vroling [mailto:bvrol...@cmbi.ru.nl]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009 09:41
An: users@wicket.apache.org
Betreff: inserting urls in script variables

Hi guys,

I'm trying to insert a download url in a piece of template code. The
template part looks like this:

<wicket:panel>
        <applet code="jalview.bin.JalviewLite" width="100%" height="750"
archive="jalviewApplet.jar">
                <param name="file" value="{{URL HERE}}">
                <param name="embedded" value="true"/>
                <param name="showFullId" value="false"/>
        </applet>
</wicket:panel>

The applet show a multiple sequence alignment that I would like to be
retrieved from wicket.
In my java code I have created a link that downloads the file. This
works fine if I show the link on a page and click on it:

        DownloadLink dlink = new DownloadLink("downloadMsf",
currentJalviewAlignment) {
                @Override
                public void onClick() {
                        String alignment = (String)
currentJalviewAlignment.getObject();
                        byte[] bytes = alignment.getBytes();
                        getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(new
AlignmentRequestTarget(bytes, "alignment" + ".fasta"));
                }
        };

When I try to do the obvious, replace the {{URL_HERE}} part with <span
wicket:id="downloadMsf"></span>  it complains about non-valid XML and
such.

Any ideas?