We're integrating a third party web-based authentication service that
requires that we redirect from Wicket and then handle a redirect back from
the service.

The API requires passing in the raw  HTTPServletRequest and
HTTPServletResponse.

Our page hierarchy looks like this:

   BasePage
      AuthenticatedBasePage
           UserHomePage

Within the AuthenticatedBasePage we check to see if the user in the session
is null and, if so, execute the following:

   authenticator.authenticate(getHttpServletRequest(),
                    getHttpServletResponse());

Within this code the redirect is done in the typical way:
response.sendRedirect("http://foo.com";);

The issue we are seeing is that upon returning from the redirect back to our
application we get the following duplication on the initial landing page:

header
footer
header
body
footer

Upon reloading with F5 we get:

header
body
footer

So my assumption is that some output is getting committed to the response
before we redirect.  However, calling getResponse().reset() prior to the
redirect doesn't fix the issue.

This worked before we did some significant refactoring, so I suspect
something in our super page classes is causing this.  Any idea what we
should look for here?

Thanks.

Ed.