From: Marcin Palka [mailto:marcin.pa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:27 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: ModalWindow.setResizable(false) no longer works in 1.4-rc5?

James, thanks for the reply.

The problem turns out to be more complex. Simple page with a modal window
works like a charm with  RC5 (I mean I can easily set modal window's
resizability). My application's modal windows on the other hand don't. I
will try to investigate it further and fill a JIRA report if needed.
So far I compared the markup generated by both, my problematic application
and simple quickstart application and it seems that style attributes are
missing in the app that experiences resizability problem.
The style attributes that are missing are "cursor: default;" (as below).
Fixed size modal window:
Resizable (but supposed to be fixed size) modal window:

I will dig into the ModalWindow's code to find out when these atributes are
added and when they don't.

And the code I use to construct and show a modal window:
        final ModalWindow modal = new ModalWindow("modal");
        modal.setContent(new DummyPanel(modal.getContentId())); //DummyPanel
contains only static text
        modal.setTitle("Modal window");
        modal.setHeightUnit("px");
        modal.setWidthUnit("px");
        modal.setInitialHeight(100);
        modal.setInitialWidth(300);
        modal.setResizable(false);
        add(modal);
        AjaxFallbackLink showModal = new AjaxFallbackLink("show_modal") {

            @Override
                modal.show(target);
            }
        };
        add(showModal);

Marcin

James Carman-3 wrote:

> The 1.4 release is all about "genericizing" Wicket.  If you've got a
> regression like this, it's probably not supposed to be happening.  I
> would file a JIRA and attach a quickstart.

EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This Email message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
patient health information that is legally protected. This information
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing
this information to any other party unless required to do so by law
or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated
need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action
taken in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this information in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete the
message from your system.