Igor,
Can you give me some direction on how to go about getting the "e".

In my own RequestCycle I've done the following:

 @Override
    protected void logRuntimeException(RuntimeException e) {
        super.logRuntimeException(e);
        log.error(e);
    }

Which doesn't help because I'm just doing the same thing twice:

2009-06-29 01:26:09,721 ERROR Web [RequestCycle] :
java.lang.NullPointerException
2009-06-29 01:26:09,780 ERROR Web [MMRequestCycle] :
java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried e.printStackTrace(); but log4j SMTPAppender takes each line of the
stacktrace and emails it which generates way to much volume.  Any
suggestions?

Jeremy