if their session times out they will get a page expired error page
next time they try to use the app. just make sure your page expired
error page is 508 compliant.

if you actually want to let them know *when* it happens you can add a
javascript timer to every page and redirect to page expired error page
when the time hits. although, not a lot of screenreaders, etc, support
js.

-igor