Hi all,

After I tweeted a criticism about http://vaadin.com/comparison table,
some employees/supporters quickly got back to me asking to elaborate
on the problems.

I thought it would be good to make it clear and post it to this
mailing list. Feel free to comment on my points.

Dear Vaadin people:

Widget diversity & richness:
- (I guess richness means Ajax-enabled components?). You put 1 star -
but there are plenty of 3rd party Ajax components for Wicket... for
instance have a look at wicketstuff.org. And by the way, "require you
to use their AJAX API to implement AJAX functionality" is simply not
true. I have created components with jQuery or Mootools where you just
drop the jar in your classpath and don't code a single line of
JavaScript. Further, you reuse the goodness of inheritance to
structure the JavaScript contributions, like <script src="..."/>

Framework extensions are done in Java:
- You should tick it - extensions *are* done in Java

No HTML required:
- It depends. There are components that don't have associated markup.

No XML configuration required:
- You should tick it - no XML configuration is required whatsoever. Of
course, web.xml but... you know.

Web-page oriented / Framework tuned for building web-pages/sites
instead of application user interfaces:
- Well, definitions here are quite blurred. But I'd say the sweet
point of Wicket is building highly-stateful application UIs.

Commercial support & guarantees available:
- There are various companies that provide support for Wicket

Francisco