Peter Thomas wrote:
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/JNDI

-igor

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Petr Fejfar<petr.fej...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

When I've started learning Wicket, I followed configuration described
in the book Enjoy web dev ...

Now I'm trying to migrate my project under Maven's management. I seem
to be almost
finished except data source configuration in the Tomcat's context file:

 <Resource
   name="jdbc/trackerDataSource"
   auth="Container"
   type="javax.sql.DataSource"
   driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
   url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/tracker"
   username="xxx"
   password="xxx"
   maxActive="20"
   maxIdle="8"
   defaultAutoCommit="false"
   defaultTransactionIsolation="SERIALIZABLE"
   testOnBorrow="true"
   validationQuery="select 1"/>

Please, could somebody show me how to achieve
the same effect in Jetty's configuration?

A couple of tips to do the Jetty DataSource JNDI configuration the 'wicket
way' - in code, instead of xml.

Use a datasource implementation like org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

In the Start.java that you get after following the instructions here:
http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html

Add the following:

        BasicDataSource ds = new BasicDataSource();
        ds.setUrl("jdbc:hsqldb:.");
        ds.setDriverClassName("org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");
        ds.setUsername("sa");
        ds.setPassword("");

        NamingEntry.setScope(NamingEntry.SCOPE_GLOBAL);
        // this line actually registers object in jetty jndi
        new Resource("java:/mydatasource", ds);

And you can refer the documentation of Apache DPCP to set properties like
this:

ds.setValidationQuery("SELECT 1");

Thanks,

Peter.

In development we are using jetty with a data source from a src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jetty-env.xml. We also deploy to jetty servers in production and use the jetty-env.xml. Btw, does anyone know how to set the hibernate.dialect via JNDI?

Thanks,

Roman
Thanks, Peter

Liland ...does IT better