Oh... I see, so it doesn't matter which way I go because underneath the
covers it is a single instance of the session anyway. Still less code to
manage/write if I define access to the injected sessions within the session
class. Now I just need to learn and understand what you meant by the comment
why not use:

  matrixCheckItemService.foo()

That one is throwing me but I am fairly new with web architectures period so
I probably am not reading into that. What I am doing with:

MatrixCheckItemService matrixCheckItemService =
((MatrixSession)WebSession.get()).getCheckItemService();

is getting a pointer to my service that I injected within my session class,
then I call matrixCheckItemService.foo(). Are you suggesting that I make the
session's injected instance public instead of private beings there can only
be one session level instance anyway because it is handled underneath the
covers at the spring context?

Sorry if I appear ignorant... I am still very green behind the ears.