Let's rephrase my problem.

I connect a validator to a TextField in a DataView (inside populateItem() and
connect a ComponentFeedbackPanel  to it.

                final TextField tf = new TextField("data", new
PropertyModel(row, "data"));
                final ComponentFeedbackPanel tfFeedback = new
ComponentFeedbackPanel("fb", tf);
                tfFeedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);
                item.add(tf);
                item.add(tfFeedback);

And I also have both in the HTML markup

wicket:id="fb"></span></td>

Is this enough for the error reported in in onValidate() for the validator
connected to the field

with error(ivalidatable); should be displayed next to the field or does it
require something more?

                error(validatable, "an_error_occured");

Why I wonder is that it is not displayed next to the field, it is displayed in
the "common" feedback panel.

/Kenneth

Med Windows Live kan du ordna, redigera och dela med dig av dina foton.
http://www.microsoft.com/sverige/windows/windowslive/products/photo-gallery-edit.aspx