Hi Sam,

How we do it with that service:

We have a file listener class that checks if OSGI based jar files are put in a directory. If so, these are automatically deployed to the OSGI runtime by the BundleDeployer class. We miss a download / version updates part, but you could add that by downloading to the directory specfified by the FileListener.

There is no need to restart, OSGI updates the whole automatically (we use embedded felix for this). Something to keep in mind, be careful with the OSGI versioning in this as that puts versions next to eachother.

This is used to provide custom, for our project - wicket based, user interface functionality.

Kind Regards,

Olger