Linda van der Pal ha scritto:
Well I'm not too familiar with this area of Wicket, but there's also AjaxLink "which is similar to Link, but sends a request using Ajax"*. Which means it doesn't submit like AjaxSubmitLink does.

That's why I'm using an AjaxSubmitLink in my example (attached to the first mail).
Still, I'm looking for a less clunky (and more general) solution, having
to disable form processing in the link and then do manually some parts of the processing seems quite involved (and each time I have to guess
what's the right incantation, so at least having a set of steps,
even if long would be an improvement).

*quote from Wicket in Action (Which I heartily recommend if you haven't read it yet.)

Yep, read it.
Cheers
Andrea