To: <users@wicket.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: Handle file uploads in Behavior and respond using AjaxRequestTarget

well, its complex because you have to hack this in, browser's built in
ajax support doesnt handle multipart requests yet.

sounds like you are overcomplicating it by prerendering the iframe in
the output. i think it would be easier to create the iframe on the fly
via javascript, and give it style='display:none' so you wouldnt need
to do any sizing.

if upload fails the response in the iframe can write out some
javascript to notify the main script that is managing the upload -
which can then somehow show an error - maybe by doing an ajax request
to wicket and rerendering the feedbackpanel.

if upload is successful do the same thing, have iframe write out a bit
of js that notifies the main script that the upload is done - which
can then issue an ajax callback to wicket.

makes sense? btw, there have to be libs that do all this for you on
the js side of things.

-igor