Uwe Schäfer-2 wrote:

> nice. why not on wicketstuff?

I'll be glad putting it there. It's my intention.
I've checked out wicketstuff. Should I just add my code and check in?
Who should I contact to about this?

Uwe Schäfer-2 wrote:

> 1st: afaik you should not use
> $(document).ready(... as it would break compatibility with other JS
> frameworks redefining the $
>
> jQuery(document).ready(...
> or
>
> (function($) { /* some code that uses $ */ })(jQuery)
>
> would be better. please keep in mind, you only contribute one component
> to the page, so there might be a bunch of others ;)

I am a totally newbie in the JS domain so your ramark really helps me
learning this stuff.

Uwe Schäfer-2 wrote:

> as it is a good practice to add functions (aka plugins) to the jQuery
> object, including the jQuery script more than once in a page is not only
>   useless waste of bandwidth and lowers user experience, but does
> severel harm (last wins).

I think that when I add it to the wicketstuff-jquery module, this problem
will vanish.
I've noticed that the parent behavior of the Wicket-JQuery checks (in the
responseHead method) checks if it's already been added.
My behavior will extend this one so it shouldn't harm anything.

Or am I wrong?

Uwe Schäfer-2 wrote:

> oh, and PS: i don´t get LockButton/ResetButton/validate in the global
> namespace?! (see jquery.lavalamp.js) :)

I'll look into that as well.

And many thanks.

I'll tell you the truth, I'm pretty exited adding a (even as small as it is)
module and to contribute something I picked up...

-----
Eyal Golan
egola...@gmail.com

Visit:  http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/ JVDrums