Assuming the class diagram at http://jweekend.com/dev/ArticlesPage/ is
up-to-date for your version of Wicket, perhaps you can override "protected
ITreeState newTreeState()" to return an ITreeState that you pass between
pages (or, put in your custom WebSession if that makes more sense in your
app or in a table or ....).
I wouldn't be surprised if Matej comes back to say there's a neater way than
that!

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket Training and Development
http://jWeekend.com