I thought it would be a cool idea to truncate the data in my table, so the data isn't spread over several lines in the table row. It should then be possible to read the complete content in a tooltip. After digging into the code of the AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable I found that to do this I would have to alter/copy the entire structure, as it seemed the code I need to alter is inside AbstractDataGridView.

This seems like an aweful lot of work for such a relatively small feature. So my question is, has anybody ever tried this before? And even if not, do you have a better idea how to tackle this?

So I want the content of a single field to go from this:

Struts: the
complete
reference

Struts: the... (with a tooltip listing the whole title)

Regards,
Linda