Here's the output on startup. The OSIV is being loaded before the
WicketFilter, and when I set breakpoints I can see that the
OpenSessionInViewFilter is being hit first on each request. I'm turning the
project into a QuickStart and will attach it to a JIRA issue.

DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - loaded class
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter from
sun.misc.launcher$appclassloa...@1a7bf11
DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - Holding class
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
DEBUG main
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter -
Initializing filter 'open.hibernate.session.in.view'
DEBUG main
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter - Filter
'open.hibernate.session.in.view' configured successfully
DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - started open.hibernate.session.in.view
DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - loaded class
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter from
sun.misc.launcher$appclassloa...@1a7bf11
DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - Holding class
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter
DEBUG main org.mortbay.log - loaded class
org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringWebApplicationFactory from
sun.misc.launcher$appclassloa...@1a7bf11
DEBUG main
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'wicketApplication'

Dane