> But I'm sure you can write a properties implementation that reads from
> UTF-8 in a few hours max, especially now that you have an example in
> Tapestry's code. Patch is welcome :-)
>
> Eelco

I just had a look at Tapestry 4.0.2 implementation and it uses 13
classes all located in the package org.apache.tapestry.util.text.* and
that are under  Apache License, Version 2.0. All other imports are
java.util.* and java.io.* so at first look it seems to be reusable.

The important point is that the reader uses an InputStreamReader that
honors the encoding you set in the application. The other 12 classes
are a nice reimplementation of the JDK Properties.load0(LineReader lr)
method. IMHO the JDK stuff is really outdated and looke like C/C++
code.

And 90% of the code in both version is here to handle comments,
whitespaces, carriage return and all that kind of stuff, so if
somebody knows a good reusable parser able to handle properties files
grammar, the job is almost done.

Later I'll have a look at T 5.1 implementation and
org.springframework.context.support.ReloadableResourceBundleMessageSource
as suggested and I'll let you know.