> Your code does work to display the number of columns in the dataTable, after
> I changed dataTable.size() to dataTable.getRowCount(). It did help me in
> getting started with writing my own toolbar.

Ok.. id did it in this email client, which has very poor development
support:) but it was good enough to show you the way:) ..

> However, my table has several amount columns and I want to display the sum
> of the amounts in each column at the bottom of that column.

for the rows displayed or all rows in this columns?
i think, you mean the second.. so it is not trivial, because you should
not iterate over all entries to build up this numbers..

maybe this is a valid solution:

you have somewhere a function which gives you the list of items.. maybe
List<MyEntity> MyEntity.getList(offset,count).. you need a function
which returns on Instance of MyEntity filled whith sum for each property
(select sum(prop1),sum(prop2)... -> MyEntity.setProp1(sum1) ..)

than take a DataGridView .. see DataTable.java to get a picture of what
you need.. so you can reuse the List of IColumn.

if you have any further questions.. send some code.

mm:)

there are many good wicket books available .. do you have one?