2009/9/15 Martin Makundi <martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com>:
> You can override isRequired for any component.
>
> **
> Martin

Thanks, but I really don't want to have to make the individual fields
context aware unless I have to.  We have quite a few custom form
controls, which are used both in searching and various other places,
so it would be a lot of work to make them all respond to this
particular use.  A way to just prevent the required check/validation
from the top would fit the bill better.

> 2009/9/15 Phil Housley <undeconstruc...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently working on a search interface, where the required-ness
>> of some fields depends on the value of some other.  In particular, the
>> form looks something like
>>
>> (+) search by X
>> a: [_____]
>> b: [_____]
>>
>> () search by Y
>>
>> () search by Z
>>
>> So the radio button selects a group of fields, in which any number may
>> be required.  Each group of options is its own panel, and basically
>> independent.  Is it possible for me to ignore protests from the fields
>> in sections Y and Z, after reading the input from the radio button?
>> Ideally I'd like to record the values from every field, and keep it
>> around as raw input, but I don't want to know if it is missing or
>> fails to convert/validate.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> --
>> Phil Housley