Hi,

We have (in our team) the same thoughts :). We treat circular
references between packages as an error (bad architecture design) and
we use an automatic test case for all projects to check if there are
any cycles in packages. So project with such cycles does not pass the
tests.

It can be a problem in Wicket, when you are using base navigation
concept: setResponsePage(...). In my opinion, to use Wicket in more
complicated projects, it is good to first prepare a navigation
abstraction layer above the core Wicket mechanisms, and do not use
page class references directly (we are using actions for this, the
concept very similar to Delphi actions).
So instead write something like this:

Customer customer = customerModel.getObject();
new BookmarkablePageLink("someId", CustomerViewPage.class, new
PageParameters("id=" + customer.getId()));

I can write:
new ActionLink("someId", new ObjectAction(ActionType.INSPECT,
customerModel, Customer.class)));
and the rest is done "behind the scenes". Then the whole "circular
references" problem will gone :).

--
Daniel