The books you mentioned are the places to look at.

If i google "wicket component not visible" the third entry brings up the solution. And in the list this question was answered quite often. But it surely depends on
search phrase. But now it's answered again.

At least here you will get almost ever an answer.

Cheers
Per
Adding the call to that method seemed to solve the problem.

The places you mentioned are the usual places to look for information.
However I searched the list, read the wiki, checked the examples, and
looked through some books.  I also tried to google what I was trying to
do.
It just seemed like this was a pretty common thing to do and I would
have thought an answer would have been found much quicker.

Do you recommend any books in particular.  I have "Wicket in Action" and
have ordered "Pro Wicket".  Are there other books that I should be
looking at?

Thanks.

Jeff