Hi - hopefully I can explain this clearly...

I understand that I can use the AjaxEventBehavior to refresh the contents of
any components that I have on the screen or add new components.

I am trying to use a tooltip to display additional details for grid data.  I
plan to use a tooltip library which supports retrieving content via an ajax
call.  The question is: how (or is it possible at all) can I take a Panel and
get a url that would return the contents of that Panel.  I'm probably not
explaining this well so, here is an example:

AbstractLink link = createLink(IModel rowModel);

Private AbstractLink createLink(IModel rowModel) {
                // I need to return a URL which would contain the contents of
the additional details panel
                // for this particular row in the grid

                // the tooltip library will use the href attribute of this link
to dynamically retrieve the contents of the tooltip when displayed
}

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Joe