Hi,
I was trying to build and Example at work but I had to live... I'll try to
get it working tomorrow and post it here. Essentially I was trying something
similar to this.

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/displaying-content-eg-pdf-excel-word-in-an-iframe.html

I was trying to have a component in a page that implements IResourceListener
and then on the onclick on AJX link have something like

if(target != null) {
   target.addComponent(theComponentYouWantToRepaint);
   String url = urlFor(ComponentImplementingIResourceListener);
   target.appendJavaScript("window.location.href="+url);
}

so, that once component is repaint you get a request back to you page asking
for the resource. This is somehow similar to the example above..

Best,

Ernesto