I am completely lost.  I have no idea what this means.  How can the
resolution to my problem be a JIRA issue that was created earlier today?
To find out how to do something who would think to look in the issue
tracking system which contains bugs and enhancement requests.

Anyhow, I resolved my loading of the modal with data by ditching the
LoadableDetachableModel for the time being and using a
CompoundPropertyModel.  I know it is not "correct" but it works for now.

Now I am attempting to get the data back into the form that the modal is
called from.  You would think this is easy.  But again I am stuck.

Wizard
       WizardStep       ==> data show is read only with a modify link
which brings
                      the modal up.
             Modal ==> shows the data as editable.  Allows user to press
submit
                       button which closes window and updates the data
in the WizardStep

Please, any help with a simple real example will be appreciated.
Pointing someone to a past post which may touch on the topic in the
context of another question is not help.  I am sure someone knows how to
solve my issue.

Thanks.

PS:  I need to stick with Wicket because I am at the point of no return
on this project.