Today, I’m happy to announce the availability of annotation-based mounting and merging of resources in wicketstuff-merged-resources (version 3.0-SNAPSHOT for Wicket 1.4, version 2.1-SNAPSHOT for Wicket 1.3). In order to mount resources, all that’s needed is adding annotations to component classes:

@JsContribution
@CssContribution(media = "print")
@ResourceContribution(value = "accept.png", path = "/img/accept.png")
public class PanelOne extends Panel {

    public PanelOne(String id) {
        super(id);
        // ...

As an added benefit, you’ll get all the other features of wicketstuff-merged-resources:

merging of multiple files into one for less HTTP requests
adding of versions to resource paths for aggressive caching
pre-processing of resources (e.g. replacing colors in CSS files)
optionally uploading them to Amazon Cloudfront (well, at least you can expect this feature soon – we are using it already) So you will speed up rendering of your pages while simplifying and reducing your code (there’s no need to merge, mount or add HeaderContributors manually anymore)!

More on our blog ...
http://techblog.molindo.at/2009/10/wicket-annotation-based-mounting-of-resources.html

... and Wicket Stuff Wiki:
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicketstuff-merged-resources