I have a List-Component and after sending a Form-Request it shows me the error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to set model object on null model of
component: mainPanel:taggingBereich:addTagging:taggingList
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModelObject(Component.java:3038)

That's the specific List

// Component
taggingList = new ListMultipleChoice<Integer>("taggingList", choices,
renderer).setMaxRows(10);
taggingList.setOutputMarkupId(true);

// Setting Model
choices.setObject(new ArrayList<Integer>(tagging.keySet()));

// Model-Variable
IModel<List<? extends Integer>> choices;

// IChoiceRenderer
renderer = new IChoiceRenderer<Integer>() {
                        public Object getDisplayValue(Integer arg0) {
                                return tagging.get(arg0);
                        }

                        public String getIdValue(Integer arg0, int arg1) {
                                return arg0.toString();
                        }
                };

choices = Model.of((List<Integer>) new ArrayList<Integer>(tagging.keySet()));

The "of" Method is "crossed out" by eclipse due to some reason I can't
recognize -- But it works.

Only after submitting the form I get this error (above)