I dont really get what you mean by pushing and pulling models. Could you please give me an example? Is creating a component without providing a model, relying in the parent page/panel/component's default model pushing data?

//Swanthe

Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
Sorry, that was an overly terse statement.  Peter Thomas has put a lot of
work into JTrac, and has done a lot of things that I admire (for instance,
some of his performance testing blog entries, etc).  He is also very helpful
on the mailing list.

The reason I said not to look at it is that when I was using it, I found
that nearly all of the components were created without the use of models -
"pushing" data into the component rather than making it pull from a model.
While that works fine for a small bug tracker, it would not work well in
most enterprise applications - leading to performance and potentially memory
issues.

It's not that it's bad software - but I've taught enough training classes to
see that one of the most common pitfalls to those new to Wicket is to always
push data into the models.  This works fine in some instances, but is not a
best practice and can lead to a lot of problems later if you don't know what
you're doing.  That's why I said what I did.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com