Hi,

I am seeking some help or links to documentation with IDataProvider
for DataView.

In my use case the size of the data grows while the user clicks
through list pages.

I wrote an IDataProvider implementation that progressively returns
larger values with the size() method.

However it fails due to the size growing, if the user clicks on the
last page.

That is because DataView limits itself understandably, by only
requesting as many rows as the last invocation of size() tells it are
available.

But this limitation is unnecessary.

What is needed is that it keeps filling the page until the Iterator
for IDataProvider.iterator(int first, int count) returns false with
hasNext(), or until its page is full, in that case displaying a link
to the next page, ignoring the fact that size() is no longer accurate.

I hope that an easy solution for this requirement exists as I think
that there is no conflict with out-of-the-box correct behavior.

Again, very specifically, during the same cycle, after the
underestimated size() result, the iterator may return more data than
expected, and that excess data should be consumed normally in such a
way that the user can continue moving forward to subsequent pages as
long as more data becomes available.

Many thanks!

Bernard