Dear all,

would you be so kind and share your experience about whether it is
reasonable to use Wicket for app development in the following situation:

We are planning to develop an application that will be deployed in our
customer's portlet environment (JBoss Portal). There will be two clustered
JBoss instances with JBoss's own session replication mechanism enabled. The
main reason for the clustering is to have failover that should be
transparent for logged in users, and this has to work really reliably. I
don't know what the exact configuration of the load balancer and the JBoss
servers will be, and how much influence we will have on it.

Is it safe to use wicket in such a situation, or should we rather go for a
more stateless framework?

I did some tests to run a very simple Wicket app in two clustered JBoss
instances, and after I shut down the instance with the active session, the
session continues to be available on the other cluster node, and the links
in the pages still work. So far, so good. But when I hit the browser's back
button, I receive a Page Expired Error. This probably means that the content
of the page store is not correctly replicated to the other cluster node?

Is this a known limitation, or caused by some wrong configuration?

Thanks for any feedback on these topics, please let me know what your
experiences and opinions are.

Kind regards,

Jan