Hi

Recently, on the mailing list, I read quite some people saying basically than using models all over the place was a bad idea. Can someone explain it a bit more ?

Indeed, I was kind of agreeing until recently, when I had an issue with a (self made) Behavior taking a string.

I needed this string to be refresh on each page display... So what to do then ? Introduce a model to be able to use LoadableDetachableModel if needed (and maybe still providing a convenience method from string to model<String>).

So, since, I'm kind of thinking that as soon that you do a reusable component, you should use models if data is needed. The only "proper" use case I could think of for not using a model is through a convenience method or for a local only component. And even that is doubtful, I've already rewritten some locally used component then to a Model (instead of the initial string)...

As such, in the end, using a model looks like a warranty against future changes.

Do I miss some use cases ?

thanks in advance
joseph