just to circumvent the problem for a while, I am thinking of the following workaround:

what would be the implications if I change the implementation of IObjectStreamFactor.DefaultObjectStreamFactory so that newObjectInputStream() and newObjectOutputStream return the regular JDK ObjectInputStream and ObjectOutputStream, respectively?

To my mind, this would eliminate the AccessControlException problem since I am not subclassing ObjectInputStream and ObjectOutputStream.

thanks,
andr