Hi,

This was a big help for me in getting what I wanted to do.  It works really
good except for one problem.  When the form shows up with a non null empty
object, the autocomplete field has the class name for the object in it,
i.e., "com.michni.search.bean.urll...@c1853".  Once I load an object in the
form works fine.

Here is my code:

                form = new Form<GUIBeanInventoryItem>(
                                "form", new
CompoundPropertyModel<GUIBeanInventoryItem>(
                                                        new
GUIBeanInventoryItem()));

                IAutoCompleteRenderer<UrlLink> urlLinkRenderer
                        = new AbstractAutoCompleteTextRenderer<UrlLink>()
                {

                        @Override
             protected String getTextValue(UrlLink urlLink)
                        {
                     return urlLink.getUrl();
            }
                };

                autoCompleteUrl = new AutoCompleteTextField<UrlLink>(

"urlLink",
                                                                        new
CompoundPropertyModel<UrlLink>(new UrlLink()),

urlLinkRenderer)
                {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
-5590853972046975757L;

                        @Override
                        protected Iterator<UrlLink> getChoices(
                            String valueLike)
                        {
                                try
                                {
                                        List<UrlLink> urlLink = dao...........
                                        return urlLink.iterator();
                                }
                                catch (Exception e)
                                {
                                        throw new RuntimeException(e);
                };

                form.add(autoCompleteUrl);

In the code I have made sure that the UrlLink in GUIBeanInventoryItem is not
null and that urlLink.getUrl() returns "".

I have solved this problem with other items before but for some reason can't
seem to solve it now.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.