What I would like is to be able to have markup like this:

Along with this, to provide javascript effects on hover/focus for the
individual items in the list.  The problem is that I can't do this with
Wicket easily.  I basically get markup like this:

I attempted to create a panel with a panel with the ListView to do what
I wanted, but it ended up looking like this:

Which is no-where near what I want.  I'm trying to work with the "Wicket
in Action" book and the short section on repeating lists doesn't provide
enough to help me get it working.  All my attempts at writing the "id"
attribute using the examples in the book don't work (no ID is ever
created).

Can anyone help my sanity?  While I do care about the markup, it's less
important than the end target of adding the AJAX effects to the items in
the list.