Some time ago I was experimenting with lambdaJ. It uses the proxy way to
obtain the propertyName.

This way, your code could look like

new TextField<Long>("orderNumber", new SafePropertyModel(target,
property(on(Order.class).getOrderNumber())));

If there is interest in this thing, I'm willing to contribute...

Just my 2 cents...