Adding another reference to component would increase the memory
footprint for all users. You are the first one to ask so there's
little to no demand for it. Wicket already has a default object slot:
the model. If that doesn't solve your problem use the metadata.

Martijn

On Friday, November 27, 2009, Keith Bennett <keithrbenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Igor -
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> The User solution would work where all components would share the same
> reference, but I need each table would have its own reference.
>
> Also, I was thinking it would be nice for each component to have its own
> Object.  I realize I could have been clearer about that.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>

> On Nov 27, 2009, at 1:16 AM, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
>

> create your own subclass of websession that holds the user and then
> anywhere within a wicket request you can get to it via:
>
> ((MySession)Session.get()).getUser()
>
> -igor
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Keith Bennett <keithrbenn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> All -
>
> I'm coding a Wicket table and would like all the components in the table to
> have access to a specific reference.
>
> Another framework I worked with a very long time ago (Vermont Views, I
> believe) addressed this by providing a user pointer in the class that could
> be used for any purpose the programmer wanted.  It was a void * in C; in
> Java it would be an Object reference.
>
> What do you think about adding this to Wicket's Component class, and maybe
> even others, like Page, Form, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> ---
> Keith R. Bennett
> Senior Software Consultant
> Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/keithrbennett
> Blogs: http://krbtech.wordpress.com, http://keithrbennett.wordpress.com

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0