for example have a look at the StringResourceModel implementation. (getLocalizer)

Application.get().getResourceSettings().getLocalizer().getString(..)

cheers gab

Keith Bennett wrote:
I'd like to be able to access a property in my application properties
file (e.g. MyApplication.properties) during the construction of a
table column (implementation of IColumn).  IColumn is not a Component,
so I don't have a get() method for this.

Since I can get an instance of the application ((MyApplication)
MyApplication.get()), I was hoping to get a property that way.  I
can't though; so far the only way I've been able to think of was to
create a dummy component for the sole purpose of calling its get()
method on the property key.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Keith