Found the code where the iframe is being used
(resources/org.apache.wicket.ajax.WicketAjaxReference/wicket-ajax.js)

When looking at the generated html for the modal window in a nested form
situation, it shows the submit button actually being submitted by
wicketSubmitFormById(formId,...)  The formId is the inner "form" but the
Form class actually generates a "div" element instead of a "form" (not the
root form) and removes the enctype.  Since the enctype has been removed, the
Javascript cannot create the iframe as it looking to see if the form has the
enctype="multipart/form-data"...hence the request is being sent via Ajax
still and not the iframe.

So my thought is that that in the Form.onComponentTag() it should not remove
the enctype if isMultiPart() is true but add a variable enctype to the
div...but not sure if this is allowed.

Can someone verify this as this is not my area of expertise (JavaScript or
Ajax internals)?

Thanks
- Doug