I suggest you work with a callback/listener mechanism.

ButtonPanel has a reference to a calback/listener. In the onclick() you call
that callback. The implementation of that callback can be done by the
component/page that uses the buttonPanel. (Losely coupling...)

--
Pieter Degraeuwe
Systemworks bvba