Q: An applet tag does not get its archive attribute value resolved in
the output HTML in the same way
   as img src attributes. How can I fix this?
A: See
org.apache.wicket.markup.parser.filter.RelativePathPrefixHandler
   This currently only supports the attributes "href", "src",
"background".
   Solution: Add applet tag as WebMarkupContainer with behavior to
rewrite the attribute.
        WebMarkupContainer clockContainer = new
WebMarkupContainer("clock");
        clockContainer.add(new AbstractBehavior() {
            @Override
            public void onComponentTag(Component component,
ComponentTag tag)
            {
                // Modify the relevant attribute
                String attrName = "archive";
                IValueMap valueMap = tag.getAttributes();
                String attrValue = valueMap.getString(attrName);
                // We don't need the generalised checking as in
                //
org.apache.wicket.markup.parser.filter.RelativePathPrefixHandler:
                //if ((attrValue != null) &&
(attrValue.startsWith("/") == false) &&
                //    (attrValue.indexOf(":") < 0) &&
!(attrValue.startsWith("#")))
                if(attrValue != null){
                    IRequestCodingStrategy coder = RequestCycle.get()
                        .getProcessor()
                        .getRequestCodingStrategy();
                    valueMap.put(attrName,
coder.rewriteStaticRelativeUrl(attrValue));
                }// if
            }
        });
        add(clockContainer);