Actually, you should override the WebRequestProcessor and return a custom RequestCodingStrategy from there. The custom RequestCodingStrategy would extend one of the default implementation and override urlCodingStrategyForPath and getRequestPath.

Regards,
    Erik.

Andreas Maza wrote:
Hello,

I would like to do a simple URL rewriting in my application: All requests
containing a given path (e.g., a "/x/...") should be filtered and redirected
accordingly.

In other words, for a request to http://www.example.com/x/something I want
to do a database lookup based on the value of "something" and then redirect
the user to the appropriate wicket page.

What is the recommended way to do this in wicket? Make a hook into the
WebApplication.newRequestCycle() method?

thanks for your help,
andr

--

Erik van Oosten