It looks like you still have to add all the componet in my case
reportresultpanel and others to  tableAddChart . In my case if error
condition and i'm just adding tableAndChartContainer.  If complains about
reportresultpanel being in the markup not being added.
Unable to find component with id 'reportresultpanel'

here is the part where i'm handling
if (originalRowSet.size() < 1){
                        //just insert empty lable to the container
                        error("No data returned for this report. ");
                         WebMarkupContainer tableAndChartContainer  = new
WebMarkupContainer("tableAndCharts");
                        add(tableAndChartContainer);
                } else {
here is the html markup