I just converted my code from Wicket 1.4m2 to 1.4.4 and am see performance problems with resource load times. For example, when I load a page that has a LinkTree in it, the browser takes a long time (20 - 30 seconds) to load "http://localhost:8080/MyProject/resources/org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.BaseTree/res/base";. I had a similar problem with a javascript file I was adding like so:

private static final CompressedResourceReference PROTO_JS = new CompressedResourceReference(ScriptaculousAjaxBehavior.class, "prototype.js");
add(JavascriptPackageResource.getHeaderContribution(PROTO_JS));

When I commented these lines out, the problem went away. Any ideas why this is so slow or what I can do to fix it?

Jered

<www.maplewoodsoftware.com>