I do all that (except haven't tried wicket bench!!) but I still want
to develop FASTER!! I want to get rid of all friction. Currently I get
friction from incoherent markup (I add replace a component via ajax
update but mistakenly add it into the wrong parent element.. I would
like a compile-time error message or code-time warning). Then
sometimes I have some javascript behavior added but do not remember to
update it when I replace the component via ajax -> needs a new js
call.

Ofcourse some of the friction mentioned above is just WORK. But it is
BULK work. In order to code faster, I need to reduce the amount of
BULK work (bulk=repetitive, work that can be linearly extrapolated or
estimated; because it is generally possible to automate such BULK
work).

**
Martin