what is the difference between

        @Override
        public IApplicationSettings getApplicationSettings() {
                IApplicationSettings settings= super.getApplicationSettings();
                settings.setInternalErrorPage(internalErrorPage)
                return settings;
        }

settings.setInternalErrorPage(internalErrorPage) and
reqauestcycle.onruntimeexception(exception e) { return new myerrorpage(e); }

when is   InternalErrorPage    used and when is   myerrorpage used ?
and also we have   IExceptionSettings ,  when is this used ?