In fact, I tried to send String as events, and I got the same error.
Finally I found that I had to use the full name for the String class
java.lang.String .

<event-definition>
    <qname xmlns:x="http://example.com";>x:ReportName</qname>
    <value-type>java.lang.String</value-type>
</event-definition>

It's working now. Thank you.