Ernesto,

jqGrid is indeed a handy component to be able to pull out of the
toolbox and seems to be evolving nicely.

In fact we have been integrating/using it with Wicket as part of our
work on WiQuery [1], mainly for use on our own products/R&D but
possibly for client projects later, once we're sure jqGrid is
production ready and well maintained, which so far seems to be the
case.
We're not yet ready to make this public, due to our other priorities,
but if you'd like to get involved, drop me a line and we can have a
chat. I expect we're not too far now from having something quite
robust, and we could potentially make our existing demo pages public
at some point, without too much effort, for people to get a feel for
what can be done with jqGrid-as-a-Wicket/WiQuery component.
Richard has been heavily involved in this integration, but he's also
on other projects at the moment. However, I know he wants to expose
some of the more compelling 3.6 features to Wicket (again, via
WiQuery), like the new column selection and reordering etc, and
there's a good chance that API may already be working and pretty well
tested by Monday, especially if the weather brings London to a
standstill this weekend.
Knowing that projects like WiQuery exist and the access from Wicket it
facilitates to such useful jQuery components (without writing any or
much JavaScript), that can be relatively easily integrated, in a
properly thought-out, well-defined and consistent way is also good
ammunition for those of you on the thread re "Wicket Adoption Rates"
aiming to convince your managers that Wicket is the right choice.
We've found Wicket to be a very good choice on projects we and our
clients have been lucky enough to use it on.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
Consulting, Development, Training