Sorry for jumping into this issue again, but I am still a bit confused. I
need a definitive answer for this as I have to document it in my diploma
thesis.

In my app I have a requirement that a new page has to be opened in a popup
window, which is pretty easy with wicket using the popupsettings object and
bookmarkable pages. I made a tiny test app and implemented this scenario but
have problems to access the former user session from the newly opened page.
It seems that a new session is generated.

So I am using the same browser but a new window/instance of it. So is there
a way to access the wicket session where this window was opened from?
Considering the above answers I think there is no way, right? If I am right
this problem is not a problem of wicket (architecture) but of (modern)
browsers implementing it this way, right?

Regards,
richard