@Pedro

Thanks for the response. Now I have two questions.

   1. How do I get reference of HttpSession? In Wicket I seem to get
   reference of WebSession.
   2. How do I notify the servlet container (I guess Wicket is not in-charge
   of maintaining the HttpSession), that the user is active? If I make any Http
   request from client's end (AJAX), even if that request is simply ignored by
   my application, will that help to keep the session alive?

@Steve
Yup this will be AJAX. When my solution is ready, will share it, definitely.
:)

Regards,
Apple Grew
my blog @ http://blog.applegrew.com/