In addition to the examples, I think it would be nice to apply a pleasant CSS
skin to the Wicket quickstart archetype. Instead of an un-styled
"QuickStart" message, how about a nicely formatted short intro with links to
tutorials, reference documentation, etc.?

As an example, I like the "it worked!" welcome page that Django provides:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q025g9.jpg