Hi Martin,

What do you mean by you couldn't set Shiro up?  Did you mean
shiro-wicket in wicketstuff?  Or just Shiro's out-of-the-box web
support?

Setting up Shiro for any webapp is as painless as possible:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Web

Of course, any recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

Les